Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
A healthy twist on the classic tabbouleh salad.
Author: Medicinal Diet
Yields: 2 qts.
- 6 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and cut into half moons.
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- ½ cup fresh mint, finely chopped.
- 1 large heirloom tomato, diced OR ½ basket of sun-gold tomato.
- ½ red onion, minced.
- ½ bunch of chives, finely chopped.
- ¼ c hemp seeds
- ½ roughly chopped black olives
- 6 T fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Additional Options
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas for added protein
- Combine all the salad ingredients and mix gently.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk for 2 minute until the oil and vinegar emulsify.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently.
- Top dress with chickpeas if you'd like.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Leave a Reply