What is the one you miss in your life being gluten-free? Oh… I know! PIZZA! Right? It is the one thing you would just love to have? I LOVE Gluten-free, vegan pizza! In fact, at time there is nothing that I want more. This is a grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nightshade-free, AND nut-free pizza crust!
This Paleo Pizza Crust and Vegan is a winner for everyone! It is grain, dairy, egg, nightshade, and nut free but crispy and delicious!
Author: Medicinal Diet
- ¾ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour (tapioca likely works too)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (if you attempt to omit this you will need to sub in another flour)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon garlic sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, or preferred cooking fat
- ½ cup dairy free milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all ingredients except for coconut flour in a food processor or Vitamix.
- Puree until a dough is formed.
- Empty dough onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Add in coconut flour.
- Allow dough to cool completely then divide into 2 pieces (for two crusts) or keep as one large crust.
- Roll out dough to create a crust (or 2) that is about ½ inch thick or less.
- Bake for 15-20 on a parchment lined baking sheet or until nicely browned throughout.
- Remove from oven and flip crust(s) over and continue baking until this side is browned as well.
NOTE: you will want both sides to be crisped and browned; keep sauce and “wet” ingredients to a bare minimum (or consider dipping) as yucca dough can become soggy easily when overloaded with moisture. A crispy crust will help prevent this to a degree but use caution.
Leave a Reply